Nothing says ‘hello spring!’ like the sound of kids playing outside, longer (and warmer) days and the scent of someone cooking something delicious on the grill. Over the past few weeks in central NC, mother nature has been teasing us with signs of spring. And, I, for one, could not be happier. It also inspired me to cook up some delicious chicken kebobs this past week and they were so good that it warranted a share here.
Making kebobs is very simple and requires very little from you in terms of brain power and effort. There are a few simple steps and I’ll walk you through them.
Pick the Protein and Marinate
Pick the Veggies and Fruits
Assemble the kebob
Cooking the kebob
Our Go To Chicken Kebob Recipe
- 1 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken into chunks (approx 1 inch cubes).
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a gallon bag or large plastic container.
- Add chicken to marinade and toss to coat.
- Place chicken and marinade into the fridge and chill for 4 -6 hours.
- Onion (sweet or red)
- Green Onions
- Peppers, Red, Yellow, Orange
Note: as noted above, you’re the boss with veggies and fruit – have fun with it!
Once the protein and veggies have been sorted out, assemble the kebobs and get them on the grill. Cook to perfection and enjoy!
Have a favorite kebob recipe? Tell us how you kebob below.