I don’t know about you, but we’re always on the hunt for deliciously healthy recipes and if it contains avocado, it’s usually a win!
Our friends and nutritionists over at The Fueling Edge have this awesome recipe for Avocado Feta Dip that is consistently a big hit at any gathering, especially during the Summer. We snagged their recipe and thoughts below:
This is fun and easy spin on guacamole, inspired by the blog Two Peas and Their Pod. You put two whole jalapenos in, which gives it just enough kick to keep you paying attention.
We used a Vitamix for this one, which gave it a velvety smooth texture, but a food processor works just as well. If you prefer a chunky texture, you can mash everything with a potato masher. Just be sure to mince the garlic and jalapenos before you mix everything.
It’s perfect served alongside peppers, cucumbers, carrots, crackers, sugar snap peas, or crackers. It also makes a great spread for wraps and sandwiches.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
More of a visual learner? Check out the how to on You Tube:
Avocado Feta Dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 T feta cheese liquid or water
- cilantro or parsley for garnish, if desired
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor until very smooth. If it’s difficult to blend, at 1-2 T feta cheese liquid or water. For a chunky texture, mince the garlic and mix with a potato masher. To reduce spiciness, omit 1 jalapeno or remove the seeds and ribs before placing in the blender. Taste first, then adjust seasonings. The feta cheese is quite salty, so I found it unnecessary to add more. Garnish with feta cheese crumbles, cilantro or parsley, if desired. Serve with veggies or crackers or use as a dip.
Serves 10; Serving size = 2T; 75 calories, 1 g protein, 3g carbs, 7g fat
Join our 21 Day Healthy Meal Prep Challenge!
Get $50 off the program with code 'OSIMEALPREP'
Join us for our brand new meal prep program. This 21 day program will give you the knowledge and tools you need to make nutritious and delicious meals in a short amount of time.
- 3 weeks of detailed meal plans, including colorful recipe sheets with nutrition facts and printable shopping lists.
- Three 30 minute LIVE (and recorded) virtual support calls with our expert Registered Dietitian Nutritionists.
- Access to food, weight and nutrition logs.
- Plus handouts, tips and tools to help you successfully maximize your nutrition in minimum time!