This dish is a feat for the eyes. And anything that looks this good is going to taste just as good, right? My eyes have never led me astray! Bacon, jalapeños, potatoes and olive oil can’t ever be wrong.
This is perfect as a side dish to any main meal – even as simple as grilled sausages, chicken or ribs. Give it a try this summer and let us know how you like it!
- 2 lbs small potatoes sweet, purple, yukon gold
- 2 bunches scallions
- 4 jalapeños
- 4 slices thick cut nitrate free bacon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil until tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are boiling fry the bacon and make the dressing.
- Whisk together the white vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Place the dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Halve the potatoes and brush with a little olive oil. Brush the green onions with a bit of oil as well.
- Preheat your grill to the highest setting and grill the onion just until they begin to wilt, remove and cover with a towel or plastic wrap to steam them. Continue grilling the potatoes until they have a nice deep char lines and are golden (about 10 minutes)
- Slice the jalapeños into rings and the green onions into 1 inch pieces, crumble the bacon as well. Toss everything with the potatoes. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Thanks, Wicked Spatula, for this recipe