Does your family love a hot, hearty breakfast but itís not always possible with your schedule? Or you donít always want to spend a huge chunk of time at the stove? Me neither. This Spring Veggie Egg Bake is the perfect recipe for just that! Baked ahead of time, it gives you an easy to reheat option packed with protein for a busy week.
Plus, if you can get veggies in during breakfast, youíre already ahead of the mark on balanced eating for the day, right?†Give this one a shot with in season veggies and let us know how you like it!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Ĺ cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 eggs
- Ĺ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a skillet over medium high heat and add in oil. Add onion, carrots, asparagus and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Pour veggies into a greased 8◊8 pyrex dish and let cool slightly. In another bowl combine eggs, almond milk, sage and salt and whisk to combine.
- Pour eggs over the veggies and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the casserole is set in the middle. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Thanks, Little Bits Of, for another great recipe!