Need a protein packed meal but are also serving a crowd? One of my biggest struggles with serving a crowd breakfast (or brunch) is ensuring everyone can sit and eat a hot meal at the same time. Enter the sheet pan meal! It’ll be hot and ready for everyone to sit an enjoy together. Because what’s better than a meal and time shared with loved ones?
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt divided use
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper divided use
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, beans, corn, oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a large bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Place sweet potato mixture on pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Create eight wells in sweet potato mixture. Gently crack an egg into each well. Season eggs with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Garnish with cilantro; serve immediately.