I recently ate something at a restaurant that has sent me researching down the rabbit hole of ‘sweet potato sliders’, feeling entirely sure I could find a recipe that would replicate it. I didn’t but in the meantime, I stumbled upon this recipe and really, just look at it. Looks amazing, right? Full of some of our very favorite things, I’m not sure how it can be wrong! Packed full of flavor, topped with guacamole and portioned perfectly, these are sure to please even the toughest crowd. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
1-2 med/large FAT sweet potatoes scrubbed and sliced into 1/2” thick rounds (you’ll need 10 rounds total)
avocado or olive oil plus salt for roasting
1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs grass fed ground beef 85% lean
2 tsp taco seasoning
1/8-1/4 tsp chipotle powder more if you like spice!
1 fresh jalapeño minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
2 med/large ripe avocados
1/4 cup red onion minced
2 clove garlic minced
1 fresh jalapeño pepper minced
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo (either homemade or purchased)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Optional salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush a small amount of the oil on both sides of each sweet potato round and arrange on baking sheet spread apart.
- Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, flip each one, then continue to roast another 10-15 mins or until soft and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, chipotle powder, minced jalapeño, garlic, and salt in a mixing bowl. Form mixture into 10 small patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brush with a bit of cooking fat.
- You can also grill the patties following the same instructions.
- Once skillet is sizzling hot, add patties and fry about 2-3 minutes on each side until desired doneness is achieved.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Guacomole and Chipotle Ranch:
- Either prior to beginning or before serving, combine all guacamole ingredients and mash with a fork to combine well.
- For chipotle ranch, whisk ingredients together until well combined. Store both covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Place each sweet potato round on a serving platter and top with a cooked patty. Top each one with guacamole and crumbled bacon, then drizzle with chipotle ranch as desired. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Paleo Running Momma for this recipe!