When I stumbled across this recipe, I knew I had to add it to the OSi blog. Not only is it beautiful but it incorporates some of my very favorite foods. Plus, you can EASILY add any lean protein if you want to fit your tastes and voila – awesomeness in a bowl, right? I cannot wait to try this one – it’s definitely going on my meal planning list this week!
- 2 zucchinis (or 3 depending one size), spiralized blade C
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt for the zoodles
- ½ cup pistachio
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 2 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 avocado
- ½ cup avocado oil
- cilantro, chopped
- Spiralize your zucchini and toss with sea salt, set aside in a strainer lined with a paper towel.
- Combine the pistachio, hemp hearts, garlic, and sea salt in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add the avocado and avocado oil to the food processor.
- Process until completely combined.
- Pat dry the zoodles with a paper towel.
- Toss the avocado pesto with the zoodles and top with additional pistachio and chopped cilantro.
Thank you, The Toasted Pine Nut, for another great recipe!